Madison Coe, 14, was at her father's home July 9 in Lovington, New Mexico when she died while using her cellphone in a bathtub, according to news station KCBD.
Her last text to a friend included a picture of the phone charger plugged into an extension cord. Evidence shows she had plugged this cellular telephone into a phone charger cord, which was plugged into an extension cord which was plugged into a non-GFCI, non-grounded bathroom wall outlet. Thus, the death could have occurred either when her phone was plugged into the socket or when Madison grabbed the phone while it was plugged in.
It was a regular Sunday for Madison Coe and her family when the incident occurred. Coe's parents released the photo to raise awareness of the dangers of portable electronic devices. She was also known as a basketball player and a member of Terra Vista Middle School band's tuba. Before this incident took place, she was expected to start her high school in Houston, as her family was shifting. Electricity and water do not mix.
"She was such a bright, vibrant, very intelligent, loving, caring young lady", O'Guinn-Downs said.
Madison was a student in the Frenship Independent School District in Wolfforth, Texas.
Lawyer paid weeks before scandal
Trump has been at his New Jersey golf resort since Friday evening and was watching the US Women's Open golf tournament on Sunday. He said the president found out about his son's meeting "right before" the initial story about it came out.
Donna O'Guinn, Coe's grandmother, revealed that the accident should be used as a reminder about the safe use of mobile phones. "She just loved life", she said.
"I did it, she did it", an emotional Owens said.
"This is such a tragedy that doesn't need to happen to anyone else".
Lovington Police investigators believe Madison Coe took the photo and sent it to a friend just before she died, NBC 12 reported.
'And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.